One thing that I wanted to get out of this internship was the knowledge that my current career path was the one for me. Before starting this internship I wanted to be a children's librarian. However, I accepted a position as a prison librarian and to my surprise I really like the job, so I took this internship as an opportunity to find out if I really want to be a children's librarian.
I think that both jobs are very similar. I find myself doing a lot of reader advisory and answering questions that are similar in nature. For instance I had a young patron of the children's department ask me for books on ladybugs and then the other day I had a prisoner ask me for a book on origami. The depth of reference interview is often the same for each job. I find myself teasing out information on what type of book the patron wants.
At this point I believe that I could work either position and be happy.
I think that both jobs are very similar. I find myself doing a lot of reader advisory and answering questions that are similar in nature. For instance I had a young patron of the children's department ask me for books on ladybugs and then the other day I had a prisoner ask me for a book on origami. The depth of reference interview is often the same for each job. I find myself teasing out information on what type of book the patron wants.
At this point I believe that I could work either position and be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment