Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting the most out of the program

I was thinking about my internship and how to get the most out of it. I am basically the reference person in the children's. Which is a valuable role and one which has it's own merit, however I want something that I can put on my resume. Something that will stand out .

Since this library's children's department is heavy into programming I thought I would create a program that would help give back to the community.

In brainstorming I have come up with the idea of a blood drive . I thought it would be fun to have a safe and kid friendly trick or treat event that would incorporate early literacy skills and Halloween while offer the parent, adults and guardians an opportunity to give blood.

I am still in the early stages and haven't ironed out all the details. I will post more after I discuss this with my boss at GPL.


No comments:

Post a Comment