Working here in the children's department at the reference I get lots of questions. Surprising, right ;) but the question I get are from parents and adults reading juvenile fiction and want to know if we have something they would like. I have shown them the obvious favorites of all ages Harry Porter and Lord of the Rings but lately I have started to compile a list of children's books that adults would enjoy.
On the short list is the Lemony Snicket series, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, The Bartiumas Triology, The Hunger Games Harry Potter are just a few titles that I have recommended to the adult patrons' who visit the children's section.
As an intern here at the Greenwood Public Library in the Children's Services Section my primary job is to help the patrons. This can be with reference questions, computer problems, or wrestling unruly children ;) I kid (well kind of). My job is to function as the children's programming assistant intern. One of the most important role of that job is covering the children's desk on Sunday. I am the only staff member in the children's department and find that I have had the opportunity to offer quite a lot of reader advisory to the patrons here.
On the short list is the Lemony Snicket series, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, The Bartiumas Triology, The Hunger Games Harry Potter are just a few titles that I have recommended to the adult patrons' who visit the children's section.
As an intern here at the Greenwood Public Library in the Children's Services Section my primary job is to help the patrons. This can be with reference questions, computer problems, or wrestling unruly children ;) I kid (well kind of). My job is to function as the children's programming assistant intern. One of the most important role of that job is covering the children's desk on Sunday. I am the only staff member in the children's department and find that I have had the opportunity to offer quite a lot of reader advisory to the patrons here.
No comments:
Post a Comment