Sunday, October 9, 2011

How will they remember you?

With the recent passing of Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs a recent question has been floating around in my head. How will they remember me? After reading an article entitled "What they are too polite to say about Steve Jobs" from gawker.com. I have been wondering how my coworkers and future team members will remember me. The blog post details the accomplishments that Jobs made in the computer technology field but also touches on what kind of leader he was and how his employees coped with his management style.

The blog post accuses him of being hostile, rude, authoritarian, and hard to work for. This article makes me ponder what kind of legacy I will leave behind. I believe that my management style will be what is remembered. If I lead with confidence in my team, a firm but fair hand, and provide my employees with room for success than I believe I will leave a good legacy. A legacy of strong leadership that began with the 21st century program.

Reference:
Gawker.com
      http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment